20 December 2012

Spellbinder: The Wonder-Filled Life of Doug Henning

John Cox has a nice review of "Spellbinder: The Wonder-Filled Life of Doug Henning".  From Wild About Houdini:
I really think this book is essential reading for anyone interested in magic history. In fact, I'd even go as far to say that it's as important as The Memories of Robert-Houdin in understanding how a single magician advanced the art of magic from one golden age to another. I also applaud Harrison for his amazing research and for telling the story of Henning, who I don't think always gets the credit he deserves. I put Henning right up there with Houdin, Herrmann, and Houdini as one of the seminal figures in magic history. I think that will become more apparent with time.

Read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment