14 September 2013

Erin Thomas at Sorcerers Safari

This summer I had the good fortune of meeting author Erin Thomas, while she was doing research for her book about a teenaged magician.  She blogged about her experience at Sorcerers Safari Magic Camp:
For some time now, I’ve been working on a book about a teenaged magician. Magician as in sleight-of-hand, not as in Harry Potter. It’s slated for publication sometime in 2014, as part of Orca’s new performing arts-based series, Limelights.

And as I’ve been researching the book, I keep coming to the same conclusion:  I really like magicians. As it happens, they’re a lot like writers. For one thing, there’s an awful lot of work behind the scenes before anything ever reaches an audience.

I’ve had the chance to interview a lot of people, about a lot of different things, over the past few years. Being a writer sometimes feels like a get-out-of-jail-free card for nosiness. And people are generally happy to talk about what they do for a living, or what they care about. But magicians… they go beyond that.

Read more.

I'm eager to get a look at the book she's finishing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment