17 May 2014

Toronto: SOULO Theatre Festival

Tickets are now on sale for the SOULO Theatre Festival, May 22-25 in Toronto. SOULO Theatre, created by Tracey Erin Smith, highlights solo performances and one-person shows with a focus on personal storytelling.

This is the second year of the festival and I’ve joined their team as their general manager, thanks, I’m sure, to my mother teaching me to make elaborate spreadsheets so I could survive managing Camp Black Belt all those years ago – love you!  (Insert joke about “Selling my soul-o” here.)

The entire festival takes place at The Red Sandcastle Theatre (922 Queen Street). The quality of the performers is exceptional. I was at the launch party which was preceded by a showcase of four short solo shows which were wonderful, heartwarming, disturbing and uplifting (but not necessarily in that order).

Read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment