CBC-TV have scheduled Darcy Oake's ITV special Edge of Reality for 9pm. on December 10. Thanks to everyone who pitched the TV network bosses last year---we have a TV magic special starring a Canadian illusionist (Is the the first since Doug Henning in the mid-70s?)*. Now the important thing is to do whatever we can to get it big ratings (you can't rely on the CBC to do a good promotional job for a magic special because they do not like magic or magicians on TV). So Canadian magicians have to make the most of this opportunity. So my advice to Canadian magicians is contact your friends in print and radio (eg. CBC morning/afternoon radio shows) to do what you can to promote the show. If it gets a poor ratings---they will have the best excuse not to run another TV magic special. This is your chance to make a difference.
* I'm talking about the CBC-TV English Network (The French TV Network enjoys working with Canadian entertainers including magicians like Luc Langevin)
Darcy Oake in the news:
- CBC: Winnipeg's Darcy Oake finishes Canadian tour in hometown at MTS Centre
- Winnipeg Metro: Magic man: Darcy Oake comes home to Winnipeg
- CBC: Canadian illusionist Darcy Oake plays magic trick on CBC's Andrew Chang
- Calgary Herald: Canadian Darcy Oake uses his illusions in making a magical career
- The Guardian: Darcy Oake brings Edge of Reality to the Confederation Centre
- Rocky Mountain Outlook: Can you believe your eyes?
- CBC: Illusionist Darcy Oake holds memorial for friend killed in Paris attacks