22 July 2016

Random thoughts on "Chris Westfall Magic & the Porcelain Princess"

Last night I had the pleasure of catching "Chris Westfall Magic & the Porcelain Princess" at the Papermill Theatre (part of Todmorden Mills on Pottery Road, tucked in next to the DVP).  It's a cozy theatre that seats approximately 150.  I'm guessing there's not a bad seat in the house.

Kidlet had this to say about the show:
  • If you ask me what my favourite part is, my answer would be "the beginning to the end."

Kidlet's friend added:
  • If I were half as good a magician as Chris Westfall, I'd call myself incredible!

Here are some random thoughts that came to mind about Thursday night's show:
  • Ben Train kept the kids captivated in the lobby while we waited for things to get started.
  • Chris made the kids laugh as he gave the audience a pre-show sneak peak at Bella
  • From the beginning, Chris and Bella, deliver a very visual and high-energy show!
  • Bella elegantly defied the laws of physics with, among other things, a crystal ball, rings, and a hula hoop.
  • (Was I the only one tickled by the visual pun of the dolly being taken off stage on a dolly?)
  • Chris masterfully executed illusions large and small.
  • Mouth shuffling was unexpectedly entertaining! 
  • A Pokéman Go player made a timely and unexpected cameo.
  • This is a volunteer intensive show.  By my count there were eight delightful children and one good-natured adult brought up on stage.
  • The volunteers were fabulous, and made the evening so much fun for everyone!
  • Chris expertly engaged the children, and had them eating out of the palm of his hand (figuratively). 
  • Hang out after the show for post-show photos, autographs, and a meet & greet!
  • "Is it magic, or is it illusion?"



To learn more about this family friendly show, visit Chris Westfall Magic.  You can purchase tickets for tonight's show (Friday July 22) at Eventbrite.


Disclosure:  My family and I were guests at this show. The opinions expressed above are entirely my own. I did not receive compensation for the writing or the publishing of this article.


No comments:

Post a Comment