A reminder that the show runs at the PNE August 20 – September 5, 2016 (Closed Monday August 22 and 29).
The following is a guest post from an author who wishes to be known as The Magic Demon.
"Unbelievable: A magical experience"
A ninety minute large scale magical extravaganza, nightly at 7:30 pm, free with admission to the PNE, Vancouver.
In a word, "Wow".
This is big time illusion-based magic at its best.
Playing to capacity crowds, "Unbelievable" combines fast paced magic with modern rock concert visuals and music to create a memorable evening's entertainment well worth the cost of admission to the PNE.
I loved that they began with pre-show screenings of some of the greats from the past - Sorcar, Cardini, etc - all in glorious b&w - while the audience filed in.
How to review such an awesome celebration of magic and illusion? I can't. It was just too much to absorb. But here are a few thoughts I somehow managed to jot down:
- American Matt Marcy's understated humour and impressive close up magic (seen on the big screen) should earn him an honorary Canadian citizenship.
- Marty Putz - undoubtably the hardest working funny man in all of showbusiness. And the most beloved by children of all ages.
- Juliana Chen's performance - sheer visual poetry. Beautiful, enchanting, mysterious. This is Art.
- Scott Pepper - definitely the contemporary reincarnation of Houdini's daredevil anything-can-happen spirit.
- Murray Hatfield and Teresa - the most accomplished, most polished, most energetic all around magical performers.
If you are anywhere near Vancouver this summer run (do not walk) to the PNE and catch "Unbelievable" before it disappears forever as the PNE ends for another summer.
The Magic Demon
Thank you The Magic Demon for guest posting at Canada's Magic!