05 July 2016

Diary of a Sorcerers Safari newbie - part 11

|< page 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 -11 >|

A camper's notebook. Photo by Rosemary Reid
A camper's notebook.

Day 5: Tuesday August 18th (cont)*
8pm

Dinner was wings and fries and salad and donuts!  Jen Segal, Christina Galonska, Stephanie Kline, Lori Farquhar, Lisa Close, and Mike Toal worked hard to get it organized and serve us since we weren’t in the Mess Hall tonight.  They’re always working really hard to making sure all of the non-magic stuff is taken care of.  I sure am grateful for their efforts. 
Dance party = so much fun!   Mark Correia did a wicked Michael Jackson impersonation and two of the littlest kids here had an incredible dance off!  Phil DaCosta DJ’d again and gave away t-shirts and cards and stuff too for answering questions and making clever requests.  I love this place. 
Mark doing his thing. Photo by James Carey Lauder.
Mark doing his thing.

The weather must have cleared ‘cause they’re letting us have camp swim!

10pm
I did it!!  I got scared and wasn’t going to.  But then I remembered that Scott Hammell and Eric Leclerc both say that we should try things “out of our comfort zone” now and again.  The lifeguard said it was safe to jump from up high and that he’d make sure nothing bad happened to me.  I was so nervous climbing up those stairs.  They went up forever.  The lake looked such a long way down.  I froze and almost didn’t do it.  Then I jumped!!!!  I was surprised how long it took for me to hit the water -- it felt like hours.  I didn’t get hurt, nobody laughed and my friends all cheered for me!  I really feel like I’m part of one big family here.


I did it!!! Photo by James Carey Lauder.
I did it!!!


There was more dancing and a spectacular fireworks show.  Everyone sang some song by a band called “Queen” and that was the end of the night.  I’m so excited and tired.  I don’t remember much else.  I don’t want camp to end tomorrow.

This is so. much. FUN! Photo by James Carey Lauder.
This is so. much. FUN!



Everybody dance now! Photo by James Carey Lauder.
Everybody dance now!




To be continued ...

--
The 2016 season of Sorcerers Safari will run from Sunday August 7th through Friday August 12th, 2016. For more information, or to register, please visit SorcerersSafari.ca



|< page 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 -11 >|

* The “Diary of a Sorcerers Safari Newbie” is primarily based on the 2015 camp season.  It is an aggregate of many perspectives, and at times includes events from previous years.

No comments:

Post a Comment