20 June 2014

Random thoughts on The Uncertainty Project

Last night I had the pleasure of attending The Uncertainty Project by James Alan.  I had spent the day volunteering my time for the benefit of school age children and had already experienced more than my share of excitement and uncertainty.  (All's well that ends well, thankfully.)  I was a little apprehensive about filling my evening with more uncertainty.  I'm glad I did.

  • There will never, ever be a show exactly like the show I saw.  (At least, it's highly improbable.)
  • The audience is a wild card for which it is nearly impossible to be completely prepared.
  • I find it hard to live tweet and watch a show at the same time.  (I really do know how to spell your name Mahdi.)
  • As near as I can tell, no rabbits were harmed in the creation of the show.
  • Any show with links to Heisenberg, Einstein, Fermat, Schrödinger, and Douglas Adams, is cool in my books.
  • I'm not ashamed to admit that I was "one of the two people" who was bothered by claims made on the third piece of glass. I checked.  I'm not going to tell you what I discovered.
  • Sometimes it's a good thing that magicians are tall.
  • Arithmetic is important.
  • Crowdsourcing seems to be a surprisingly effective way to get out of a jam.
  • There were some very powerful moments.
  • I was absolutely entertained.

The Uncertainty Project continues for two more nights.



No comments:

Post a Comment