13 February 2019

Derek Selinger performs in Magic Tricks with Ian

From Derek Selinger's YouTube channel, Magic Inspired:

Many years ago I had a young man named Ian attend some of my live magic shows. He bought posters and I even had a picture taken with him. That picture has hung on my wall ever since as a reminder of why I do what I do.

Ian's mom reached out to me to buy a new poster as his old one was falling apart. We of course got him that and more. In the discussion with Ian's mom we learned that Ian has some significant health challenges. Being a young man with Down Syndrome he is not eligible for heart transplants and so he has a rather arduous routine.

We decided to visit Ian's home and perform a show with magic tricks, including a box illusion, in his kitchen for his friends where the magician... was Ian. This is that story, and this is that show.

I hope meeting Ian encourages you as you face the challenges and opportunities in your life. Ian is one of the greatest magicians I have ever met. While he may not have the technical skill I have developed... he changes peoples worlds by his smile, enthusiasm and kindness. Welcome to "The Magic of Ian".

Video at the bottom of the post.


From Derek Selinger's Instagram:






From Derek Selinger's YouTube channel, Magic Inspired:









No comments:

Post a Comment