13 April 2015

Interview: Zack Mirza about his show "Illusions of Grandeur"

Zack Mirza's show "Illusions of Grandeur" airs Tuesdays at 9:30 p.m. ET on OLN.

I'm excited to have to guest post at TV, eh? where I interview Zack about his show.
.
Thank you for the opportunity Diane!

An excerpt from TV, eh?:
I was very impressed to see that you include historical footage like clips from Dai Vernon’s “The Spirit of Magic.” I understand you’re going to be delving into some magic history throughout the other episodes. How important do you think it is for magicians to study the history of their craft?

Prior to the show I knew a little bit about the history of magic but going through the whole experience I got exposed to so much more. I can’t express how important it is for up and coming magicians, and magicians out there in general, for them to learn about the history of magic. We’re basically standing on the shoulders of giants. Everything that they’ve done is pretty much the ground work for what magicians are today. There’s so much respect. There’s so much wisdom that you can pull from anyone in the past. As soon as you get to learn a little bit about the history it just makes it that much more special.

Read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment