27 September 2023

Jason Verners talks Got Talent Spain at Chek News

From the September 23rd article "‘It was a great experience’: Victoria magician competing in Got Talent Spain" by Adam Chan at Chek News

Verners says he was interested in travelling to Spain because the country is the “mecca of magic” in the world.

“The best magicians all live in Spain, and when you’re in Madrid there’s like 20 magic shows going on every evening and all of them are phenomenal,” he said.

“So I kind of wanted to dive into where the magic’s the best, where the competition’s the best, and stylistically it’s so different than what I do here in North America.”

Verners has performed in venues across the country and in the U.S., including in Las Vegas.

He says that while the stage in Spain may not have been the largest he’s performed in terms of seating, the show was certainly the highest-profile act he’s been involved with.

“Being on a ‘Got Talent’ stage comes with a whole whack of different challenges,” he said.

“You’re not in a showcase, you’re in a competition, and I find that very interesting because I haven’t competed as a magician since I was probably 16,” he said. “I haven’t been in that competitive mindset where people are all trying to get the same prize. and I find the pressure was definitely on.”

Read more.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment