29 May 2024

Browser's Bash: Getting to know Peter Mennie

Browser's Bash logo  

On March 9th we let you know that tickets went on sale for the 2024 Browser's Bash!

We are pleased to have the opportunity to do short interviews with some of this year's performers.  Kicking off the series is Peter Mennie!
 


You may already know that Peter:



We're delighted that Peter made time to answer our questions ahead of this year's Bash!

 

Who inspires you that is not a magician?
 
My high school drama teacher.
 
What is your first memory of magic? 

I was 6 or 7 and I saw a magician perform at my Cub Scout Father & Son evening.
 


Who from the magic community inspires you?

Anyone who has been able to achieve their definition of success in this business of show.
 

Was there anyone or anything instrumental to you becoming a magician?

I started getting serious about magic at the same time as Doug Henning became famous. After seeing The Magic Show on Broadway, my fate was solidified. Of course, Browser's and Morrissey's did a lot to inspire me as well.



Peter Mennie -- That Magic Guy

Peter Mennie -- That Magic Guy


Did you ever get discouraged and think about quitting magic?  
 
There is always another audience. There is always another opportunity. So no, not enough to quit.

Do you have any tour or pre-show rituals you’d be willing to share with our readers?
 
Not really, although I’m so OCD that the show is set up in my case before I leave for the gig and I have back-ups for my back-ups. My portion of the Bash show has been setup. ready to go since April.


 
What are you most looking forward to about participating in the 2024 Browser's Bash?
 
The opportunity to work alongside career-long friends.

 

Is there anything else you’d like to share with our readers?
 

There are lots of things I’d like to share with your readers, but they’ll have to ask. Just be prepared that you might not like the answer!

 

 

Thank you Peter for making the time to answer our questions!  We look forward to seeing you at this year's Bash!


Learn more about Peter at his website PeterMennie.ca and follow him on Facebook and Instagram.

 
Visit the Browser's Den of Magic website to buy your ticket and learn more about this year's Bash!  See you on Saturday, July 13, 2024!
 
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment